Friday, April 29, 2011

rant.

I'll speak to you through lies and videos
I'll play that horn like I know how it goes
You've turned the corner into what you would be
I'm still here with my feet as roots from a tree
There's no straight answer and no final place
Common understanding is an unbeatable race
I start back where we first could relate
Wishing now we could make it the same

I thought time had no effect on love
Now I know it wasn't what we originally spoke of
It was a deal I made by myself
A hand that I shook for the sake of my own health

I'll come back to your profile page
And see how you haven't changed
I'll wipe your technical tears and try to sooth your robot fears
Motionless as you walk further away
Trying not to roll over back on to the old days
I'll lift my hands in wonder and shock
Asking where the time went on our clock
I'm the unsound one, the wrong one
Im the person you're running away from
I'll take my foot off of the pedal, slow down till I come to a stop
I'll turn and take with me all the moments you brought then forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment