Tuesday, April 26, 2011

nothing much.

I am not sure where April is going, but where ever it is, it is heading there fast. too fast for me. seems like just yesterday chris attempted to April Fools me by saying he crapped his pants and needed me to bring him a new pair to work. and now it is the 26th. 25 days gone in blur of foggy memories. phew. so much has gone on this month. we had chris's parents stay with us for 4 days to celebrate his 33rd birthday. then my mom came for a week while my sister was in mexico for her spring break. now it is just back to us 4. bittersweet, because life is about 151 thousand percent easier when grandparents are around. after my mom left, I walked into my kitchen to the sink full of dishes and realized I hadn't rinsed or washed a single dish since she had been there. so naturally I took a picture of my messy kitchen, sent it to my mom and asked where are you?

when Chris's parents were here, they paid for everything. dinging out, groceries and even gas. but I guess that would be pretty rude if I had them around all of the time, using them as maids and sugar daddies. mmmm sugar daddies. remember those? they hurt my teeth, but they are good.
my in laws bought chris a BBQ for his birthday, it has been the greatest thing since moses to happen to our family. chris knows how to make the most amazing food on that thing, it is literally changing my life. I also am cooking less and less, and quite frankly that's just fine with me. and it is mighty fine with my tummy too.

my tummy is (very) slowly but surely shrinking, little by little. I've been getting up early to walk/jog around the lake behind my house, which helps me take on the day with these two little ones much easier. it feels so good to have the cold morning air slap me in the face and wake me up, I get to clear my head, cuss out loud about the 17 hundred times my sleep was interrupted, pray for my upcoming day and prepare myself for a day full of needy babes. I've also been trying to eat better, although the easter bunny tried to sabotage me. I now have a drawer full of chocolate coconut eggs, my favorite, how come it couldn't be a chocolate candy a day keeps the doctor away? sigh. oh well, all in moderation I suppose. all I know are these lumps and bumps are really starting to piss me off, and summer is coming. I think it is coming anyway, sometimes reno forgets summer. whether it comes or not, I'd like to resemble beyonce soon.

it was really nice to have such an amazing visit with my mom. growing up, I was almost sure her and I would never have a good relationship. we always argued, made each other cry, and pretty much loathed each other. ever since I moved out over 6 years ago, things have just gotten better and better. to get little glimpses here and there of the relationship I've always wanted with her is something I will never take for granted. I love her so much, and will be damned if I let all the shit that has been thrown at us over the years steal away any of the time I can get with her. I wonder how different our relationships would be if we looked at all of them that way. I wonder how different we would treat the people in our lives if we constantly acknowledged that one day, any day, they could be gone. I bet there'd be a lot less time for pettiness. anyway, going to get off this subject before I get too disney movie on you.

well, I have one crying baby, one toddler running around as if I gave her crack, and a very obnoxiously loud elmo in the background as I write this. I think my thoughts are done for today.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless the Grandparents that do dishes, cook, and clean! Really God Bless them, right now!
    So wish I could join you on those early morning walks and also, YOU GO GIRL, getting your work out on so bright and early! Seriously kudos to you!
    Oh and Elmo.... I love me some Elmo...not so much the whiskey(pull through from your status update that read before this) but IF compared to vino then yep, I get it too!!

    Word verification- skru led LOL umm ok I guess yea led is bad for you!!

    ReplyDelete