Tuesday, June 21, 2011

rose goes greetings 2.

what's up ladies and gents? I haven't had a free moment to sit here before my bloggy blog in quite some time. today I am... wait you'll never guess... tired! I know, it is shocking. last night Moses woke up at 3, he seemed a bit warm, maybe teeth are on the way. what joy.

today a very dear friend of mine is in the hospital about to have her baby, I am very happy for her, as I remember being 15 and making each other mix tapes. now we're mamas. what a magical thing it is to journey through life with people. for an old nostalgic soul like mine, it's my favorite treasure of all, the relationships I have with people and cruising through the currents of life with them. before I know it we'll be entering the grandparent stage, wondering what the hell happened to time. sigh. one day at a time.

now that I am older and a mother, I can remember all the scoldings that I now give my daughter being given to me. the most infamous ones: "quite down", "not so loud", "please be quiet", "don't scream", "you don't have to yell", "please for the love of god be quiet!". I remember these well. I remember being in junior high and getting my report cards that read: less talking, too much socializing, less talking, chatty cathy, LESS TALKING! I suppose I had a lot to say. it was good when I became a crabby teenager and was selective with who I chatted with, though those few were still enough to get me into trouble. I feel a bit guilty when I am giving those scoldings to Vae, as I do not want to break her spirit. I remember well what it felt like to hear those things all of the time and I remember feeling so full of energy and excitement (much like Vae) and it would just burst out of me. loudly. I hope to not silence Vae, although my mental health might benefit from doing so. :)

I have a few more Rose Goes Greetings to share with you as a departing gift.





1 comment: