Friday, June 1, 2012

Iced coffee for days.

ok, here goes nothing or something. I am almost laughing at myself for writing a blog that has anything to do with the kitchen, because I have some seriously talented friends that can cook and bake insane things that I could only dream of creating. Alas, I have a serious addiction to iced coffee and thought I'd share with you all how I make it possible to inject this glorious liquid into my body each day. Many of my friends who have come over and had it, love and it and start making it home. It is super easy, saves money, and well, it brings people together thus making the world a more peaceful place.

1. I make a pot of extra strong coffee. I will add one scoop over the usual 1 scoop to two cups of water ratio. my coffee pot also has a "strong" button option on it that I use as well.

2. once the coffee is done, take the pot and place it on the stovetop to cool.

3. this is when I make my syrup, which I only need to make every couple weeks. take two cups of water, and two cups of sugar (honey or agave will work as well too) and heat in a sauce pain on the stove, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. add 1/4 teaspoon of coconut, vanilla, or peppermint extract (depending on what flavor of iced coffee you want.) pour into bottles and cool. this syrup does not need to be refrigerated and lasts forever.

4. once the pot of coffee is cool, pour into a pitcher and place in the fridge.

5. once the coffee is cold, take pitcher out and give it a quick stir. pour in glass with room from cream or milk, and your syrup. I put a little 2% in mine, and my coconut syrup. give it a stir, add ice and wallah!

the pitcher will last the whole week if you have any self control with it. we love busting out an iced coffee whenever we want. I've noticed giving the coffee a stir before each time is vital to the flavor.

quite simple right? And super yummy. special thanks to my fantastic friend Jami and her glorious syrup-making skills.

5 comments:

  1. Just told sis Jen about this glorious idea. We are IG the IV drip cloth and it's a beautiful sisterhood ;) us coffee drinking sisters 2☕��rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, my comment above makes no sense. So I was on my phone. Home now. This place looks amazing. Love what you've done. The roses are so perfect. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, sounds delicious. May need to try it. How about at your house first! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I have my coconut extract- and I am trying this recipe as soon as the weather warms up. Also I linked back to you today on my post. Right now I need the warm coffee recipe because argh... what the heck, it's like gray cold and gray here! Good day for warm coffee and crocheting ;) but not iced coffee. My day will come though and when it does I will be ready with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete